Long life Battery Pack

bobdylonxxx

Joined Jan 24, 2011
Hello.

I'm not really experienced with electronics outside of pc's and have a little project that needs doing for work. I could do with some help!

For the background, I will be having a 15" digital photo frame inside a sealed display stand at a show and unfortunately will not have mains access or the ability to change batteries during the day.

there is also very limited space inside the stand.

what would be the best way to keep it powered for 9 or so hours straight?

Thanks in advance

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
kinda depends how much power it needs, but a 15" lcd could take 30-40W. Probably some lead-acid battery to keep it on for that long.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
First you need to figure out what the power requirements are of the photo frame are.
+1

Impossible to speculate without that info. Try to find two things: 1)What does the frame's normal AC adaptor supply say on it - it should report what the capacity of its output is, and maybe what it's AC power requirement is. 2) The frame itself may also indicate its power needs, likely near where the adaptor plugs in.

An ideal finding would be that the frame requires 12v DC, which would make a lead battery a good option. A tractor or motorcycle battery might be big enough. Give up the 9v battery plan. I think it's very unlikely to work.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
+1

Impossible to speculate without that info. Try to find two things: 1)What does the frame's normal AC adaptor supply say on it - it should report what the capacity of its output is, and maybe what it's AC power requirement is. 2) The frame itself may also indicate its power needs, likely near where the adaptor plugs in.

An ideal finding would be that the frame requires 12v DC, which would make a lead battery a good option. A tractor or motorcycle battery might be big enough. Give up the 9v battery plan. I think it's very unlikely to work.
I purchased 2 9 volts battery and it don't even make my halogen lamp brigther. Yes, a lead-acid battery would be great. :)