Long (2140ft distance one-way, X2) DC control circuit for motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanronan

Joined Aug 5, 2014
I need to install a very long (2140ft distance one-way, X2) DC control circuit run through a float switch to control a 220 vac, 1.5 hp submersible water pump in a well pumping up to a gravity feed tank. Tentative planned installation is a wide angle float switch in the water tank, with a solid state relay of some kind at the well, a DC activated relay of some kind with a low input current for the long run. I was planning or hoping to use the solid-state relay to control the power relay to the pump.

Anyway I am just now getting around to putting this plan into action and was wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations about a similar or better set-up…? I am no expert I could use some practical/experienced advice on what voltage to run to the float switch for such a long run, what relay, and most importantly what recommended wire size (the smaller the wire size I could use all the better, that much wire will be expensive!) I would like to keep the system as simple and functional as possible and not make it overly complicated! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.