Logicworks (How to implement a D Flip Flop)

wiz0r

Joined May 2, 2008
Ok. So, my assigment is to implement a D Flip Flop using two D Latches using Logicworks.

So, yeah, I got a question. Implementing the Latches are no problem, you can see the D Latch that I implemenented on the first attachment. Now, my question is; how do I connect the D Flip Flop input to the D Latch? I mean, do I connect the D Binary switch of the flip flop directly to the D Binary switch of the D Latch? Or should I remove the binary switch of the D Latch?

Yeah, that's my question. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
I don't know, sure looks you got it, you have your "D" latch in your first diag.
your second diag. shows your "enable"'s connected with an inverter, so it looks like you need to just convert your block diag. to your logic diag.

Q out of master latch coupled to D in of slave latch using an inverter between Enable switchs. Just like you drew it up.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
One problem is that your latch can't hold it's state with the inputs removed. After the clock pulse, the state should not change until another clock comes along. The clock input should only respond to an edge, not to the maintained signal level.