Logic Question about timing diagram

Padderick

Joined Jan 7, 2012
Hi all together,

I have added a timing diagram as PDF and hope you can help me to find a solution for the following problem.

In my project i get the output A at one comparator output and the output B at another comparator.
From this two outputs I want to get the signal Q but I do not know what is a good way with less delay.
I need a hardware circuit because the delay time should be maximum around 100 until 300 ns.

If you have got an idea to solve this problem it would be nice to get known about this.

Thanks,

Padderick

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This is going to require a state machine because just knowing the inputs is not sufficient. For example, if A is HI and B is LO, Q might be HI (time index t1+) or Q might be LO (t2+).

Are the inputs guaranteed to be as shown, namely that B will go HI and return LO only while A is HI? Is there a minimum amount of time that can be relied on between A going HI and B going HI? Similarly, is there a minimum amount of time that can be relied on between B going LO and A going LO? What about the minimum time that A will be LO or that B will be HI.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Looks to me you may get away with just a toggle flip flop with a clock derived from (A and not B).

However, that leaves a synchronization problem open.

Brain now empty... NEXT !!!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Looks to me you may get away with just a toggle flip flop with a clock derived from (A and not B).

However, that leaves a synchronization problem open.

Brain now empty... NEXT !!!
I wouldn't recommend going that route specifically because of the synchronization problem you noted.

Note that it also assumes that A and B make glitch-free transitions. That may or may not be a reasonable assumption -- the OP will need to provide more info about where A and B come from.

But unless there is a high-speed (say 20MHz or so) free running clock available, we probably have to make that assumption.