Logic puzzles

gbm46

Joined May 6, 2007
why wud a fellow crew member ever deceive him in such a way.
As for the other thing my answer offers no explanation for why, maybe you could think of one and insert the required clues into the initial statement - the puzzle probably needs some improvement in its phrasing to be more solvable.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
yeah i knew abt that ,sneaky guy!;
i have some knowledge of how question can turn up in machine design:
i believe solving my equation wud have led to same answer (i knew it wud have to be in exponential form);
its easy to get the equation for that.
in case u want to know how i approached it:
initial stress =σ0
now stress at x distance is: ------(g+weight of pillar above that point)/A(x)= σ0
now self weight at point x from top wud be given by------- Y(integration{A(x)} from,0,to,x )

btw i think the explanation given by Mr Dave is good :D for why was he mislead.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
As for the other thing my answer offers no explanation for why, maybe you could think of one and insert the required clues into the initial statement - the puzzle probably needs some improvement in its phrasing to be more solvable.
It didn't fool n9352527, just recca02 and me! :D

btw i think the explanation given by Mr Dave is good :D for why was he mislead.
I think they call it 'politics'... :p

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
I think they call it 'politics'... :p
Dave
thats an even better answer, so its solved:
the sailor was shipwrecked on an island , unfortunately, a politician was one of the survivors; rest is self explanatory;
(if the person who was eaten was also a politician it makes more sense why wud one commit suicide but before that he wud prefer vomiting several times)