logic design

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by cidmemike, Aug 17, 2010.

1. cidmemike

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    good day guys,
    I have a home work to submit tommorow but do not know how tto go about it. a help will be highly appreciated. here are the problems

1. A1 and A0 are rpresents a two input binary number P, another two input binary number Q is represented by B1 and B0. design a loogic comparator using A1,A0 and B1,B0 as inputs whose output will be high only when the two numbers P and Q are equal. simplify and draw th elogic gate.

2. simplify the boolean expression F='x'y +'X'Z +YZ +XZ and drwa the logic gate. thanks for your anticipated help

2. cidmemike

Aug 17, 2010
    pls I would appreciate an durgent reply to the title "logic design" thanks

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Did you read the header in this forum:

So what have you done upto now?

Here are some pages of the EDUCYPEDIA on digital subjects:

General overview digital logic
    Arithmetic circuits D/A-A/D converters Number systems Codes and decoders Flip flops Technology Counters and registers General overview Technology-CMOS Digital logic Memories Technology-TTL Timers and oscillators
    Bertus

4. cidmemike

Aug 17, 2010
    well, the question is to "design a logic comparative" i have tried using 2 NOT gates, 2 AND gates and an 1 OR gates but the problem is that I do not know if it is the RIGHT comparator to use.
    On the second Question, I have tried factoring as in F='X('Y +'Z) + Z(y+x) but how the logic gate wil look like is the problem. thanks

5. sify87

Jun 23, 2010
    Ok!See the attachment. Here I can use two EX-NOR gate & one AND gate.If the nos P and Q are same then their bits(A0 & B0, A1 & B1) should also be same.So,the o/p of EX-NOR gate will be 1 only when they are equal.If both the EX-NOR o/p is 1 then the o/p of AND gate is 1 .Thanks!!