Logic circuit trouble. Help

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by scottyvw0124, Nov 9, 2009.

1. scottyvw0124

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi, I’m having trouble drawing the following logic circuit, I was wondering if anyone could actually draw this circuit?

Draw the following logic circuit.
    ---------- -
    (AB) + (C+D) + (AD)(B+C)
    (5 marks)

As u know the lines above means that specific section of the sum has been knotted.

Any help would be excellent and much appreciated

Thanks
    Scott

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Having problem is OK. But could you please elaborate why and how you struggle?

3. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    You have more -'s (NOT)s than letters.

Quote this post and add/remove the overlines as needed:

(\overline {A \cdot  B}) + (\overline C \cdot \overline D) + (\overline A \cdot \overline D) \cdot (\overline B + \overline C)

See This Link for details.

4. scottyvw0124

Nov 9, 2009
    (AB) + (C+D) + (AD)(B+C)

thanks

5. scottyvw0124

Nov 9, 2009
    the under lined parts are the knotted, so theroically the line should be on top onf these letters.

thanks

6. scottyvw0124

Nov 9, 2009
    \overline{A}

7. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    you need to put \overline A

is \overline A inside {tex} and {/tex} tags (replace { with [ and } with ])

If you hit the "Quote" button on the post where I added overlines to everything, you can see how it is done, and edit to match your formula.

You can hit "Preview reply" several times to get it to look correct before finally hitting "Submit"." alt=" tags around the parts to be rendered in TeX

\overline A

is \overline A inside {tex} and {/tex} tags (replace { with [ and } with ])

If you hit the "Quote" button on the post where I added overlines to everything, you can see how it is done, and edit to match your formula.

You can hit "Preview reply" several times to get it to look correct before finally hitting "Submit"." />

8. scottyvw0124

Nov 9, 2009
    sorry, but i need the circiut by tommorrow night to hand in to college or dont think i will pass, if at all you could draw it up for me i would be really gratful.
    the under lined parts are menat to be overlined, sorry but i dont under stand how to over line it, how you can see around this, and hopefully be able to do the circuit.
    you can use online logic gate creator software for free to create it.
    :)
    thanks

9. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    It is time for you to do some participating:

From the rules of this forum-
    Important

The Homework Help Forum is not a free homework service; we are here to help your understanding, but fully expect the users of this forum to dictate the course of their own learning.

When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions. Any thread that just posts up a copy of the questions without any attempts on the part of the opening poster will be directed to this thread and will be given 48 hours to satisfy the requirements detailed within. Help us, help you.

It would be nice of us to do your assignment, but then it wouldn't be your assignment.

10. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Let's just go with this. The goal here is for you to understand how to solve the problem of turning this Boolean expression into a functional circuit, not necessarily to learn Tex (the expression editor on this bulletin board).

Have you attempted to simplify this Boolean expression yet?

If not, why not? That is your first step.

If you forgot how, look in your textbook under Boolean Algebra.

We cannot do it for you, but we can nudge you in the right direction.

11. Thav

Oct 13, 2009
    If you haven't yet, you might want to pay special attention to anything about De Morgan's laws, it may help here (or maybe not!).