Logic circuit design

Tim McLaughlin

Joined Jun 12, 2015
I need logic design help as well. Can anyone assist?

Station 1 Signals Station 2 connected together with CAT5 cable.
Station 1 has Lamp #1, Lamp #2, Pushbutton #1 and Pushbutton #2
Station 2 has Lamp #3, Lamp #4 and Pushbutton #3

Press Pushbutton #1 and Lamps #1 & 3 begin to flash.

Press Pushbutton #3 and Lamps #1 & 3 go on solid.

Press Pushbutton #2 and Lamps #1 & 3 go out AND

Lamps # 2 & 4 go on for 15 seconds then go out.

Would there be any length limit on the CAT5?

<please no email addresses -moderator>

Thanks,

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I need logic design help as well. Can anyone assist?
You've just practiced the Art of Necromancy and posted to a thread that is nearly six years old. You've also hijacked someone else's thread with a completely unrelated problem.

Please start a new thread for your new problem so that you own it. I will split this thread off and make it yours.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What's the purpose of all the little graphic files you attached?

The practical limitation of the length of Cat-5 cable depends on several things that you haven't described, such as the signal source voltage and impedance and the thresholds of the receiving devices, but timing requirements that have to be met.

The first thing is to draw a state diagram for the systems at each end.

Tim McLaughlin

Joined Jun 12, 2015
What's the purpose of all the little graphic files you attached?

The practical limitation of the length of Cat-5 cable depends on several things that you haven't described, such as the signal source voltage and impedance and the thresholds of the receiving devices, but timing requirements that have to be met.

The first thing is to draw a state diagram for the systems at each end.
Thank you for pointing out my error. New to forums. The attachments were not intentional. Couldn't figure out how to delete them. I will study on this further and try again.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank you for pointing out my error. New to forums. The attachments were not intentional. Couldn't figure out how to delete them. I will study on this further and try again.
Sounds good.

Just make your best attempt at coming up with a state diagram that matches your verbal description. It doesn't have to be correct, just do your best and post it. That gives us a starting point to help you get on a good path.