Locating OEM pump component

kevins963

Joined Jan 24, 2011
Hi,

I am looking for a companies similar to Digikey and Mouser but instead of focusing on IC Semiconductor products focuses on Electro-Mechanical components. I am trying to find a OEM pump that I can integrate into my device but am not having much luck finding any.

I am developing a water recirculation device that needs a pump with the following specifications:

- Fluid being pumped is fresh water
- Rate is 1-5 Gallons per Minute or 60 - 300 Gallons per Hour
- Application is to keep the water at a constant temperature by recirculating water over a heat exchange coil

I am use to designing devices mostly with IC components in them and usually use DigiKey and Mouser in addition to some specific manufacturers for my IC components. I usually do not get involved with larger non-IC components such as the pumps that I am looking for.

It seems like all the pumps I find are for commercials or residential used for a specific end of line application such as for a hottube, pool, water main pipe, etc... I am trying to find a manufacturer or distributor that distributes the OEM pump that can be used for mass quantity buys 1000+.

For example a designer of a fish tank pump will go and find the a specific pump for their need and develop their product using the OEM pump and then turn around an sell the pump for $45-100. I am trying to find the non-specific OEM pumps that I can get a hold of as opposed to the already developed end-of-line retail pump product such as a fishtank pump.

This would be a commercial product and therefore finding a reliable manufacturer that and provide a quantity buy at low cost is desirable.

Thank you much

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Try http://www.globalspec.com
They have thousands of OEM's on there. There is a parametric search engine once you get into the category you want.

You'll need to create a loginID to perform a search, but they only send out mailings once in awhile.