Load transient measurement equipment

radia

Joined Jan 29, 2015
Hello all,

I am trying to build a load transient board where the DUT has floating outputs. For that I'm using an NMOS which is driven by an op-amp (OPA27) and a 1Ohm sense resistor. The voltage across the resistor is fed back in the negative input terminal of the op-amp.
The circuit in this configuration is working. However I wanted to isolate the input signal and for that I used an 1:1 isolation transformer (T6437-DL ). And it appears that I can't use this transformer at 10 kHz, and if I increase the frequency I have a problem with the op-amp. I tried everything I could imagine of, so now I think I need your help. I have attached image I took during tests.

Thank you for your help,
dD

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The transformer appears to be saturating at the lower frequency.
I agree with ronv. An opto isolator would likely work better.

radia

Joined Jan 29, 2015
What I don't understand is why it is saturating, the transformer has a volt-time ratio of 134us and the pulse I am applying has a frequency of 10kHz and an amplitude of 1V.

I thought at first to use an optocoupler too, but during the simulations I saw that they would be too slow and I wanted a rise/fall time less than 1 us. I have also the linear optocoupler HCNR200 but I didn't manage to make it work.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I think the one I posted is less than a usec.
It's hard to get to the data sheet. But you can copy the part # from Mouser into the Avco search box and get it fairly easy.