LNA using ORCAD

E-girl

Joined Nov 21, 2003
hi all..

I have to design a Low Noise Amplifier using ORCAD, and to compare the signal-to-noise ratio of the input source with the signal-to-noise ratio at the output.

I found a circuit and I have used a normal vsin input source with frequency 1MHz, but I dont know how to obtain the signal-to-noise ratio for the input and the output.

any help :unsure:

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
The simple version is you do a .noise analysis with AC analysis frequency you are interested in and then just convert the results into appropriate dB values.

You have to read the OrCAD PSpice manual on how to do noise analysis. If you need more detailed information you could google for noise analysis using SPICE. There are plenty of informations out there. A simple example is given in this page.

If you have access to library, you could borrow books on SPICE, like Tuinenga or Roberts. These are pretty good book for beginner.

dbwgwee

Joined Mar 30, 2006
This is totally subFzero. (Anyone know where I can find a blunt razor?) I have a serious question...where can I find an answer?

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by dbwgwee@Apr 11 2006, 05:14 PM
This is totally subFzero. (Anyone know where I can find a blunt razor?) I have a serious question...where can I find an answer?
[post=16086]Quoted post[/post]​
A serious question deserves a serious answer. Let's find it together... :p