LM78xx Regulator PCB for cost of an SASE

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I recently laid out a PCB for the LM78xx voltage regulator shown in the attached schematic. A bare PCB and a populated PCB are shown in the attached photo. I made two mistakes in the layout. The first was an incorrect footprint for the power input jack, J1. The second was a mistake in the silk screen outline for the LM78xx regulator: I showed the regulator rotated 180° from what it should be.

The photo shows the regulator installed correctly, and the circuit functions properly. The power input jack is not installed because the footprint is wrong, but the power input terminal block, TB1, functions as designed. Thus, despite the two errors, the PCB is functional.

I am ordering corrected PCB's, and rather than discard these defectives, I decided to offer them to AAC members for the cost of an SASE. I have 8 bare PCB's to give away; please PM me if you want one. Please post as soon as you have sent a PM. First 8 PM's get one.

ETA: I guess I actually made another mistake. The regulator is labeled U2 on the PCB, but should be U1.

Attachments

Last edited: