lm3914

sirvo

Joined Jan 13, 2006
Hello, how are you doing??

I have a temperature sensor and it works sending signals from 4 to 1 V. At 4 V, the temperature is 10ºC and at 1V it is 100ºC..it mean that when the temperature increases, the signal goes down. I would like the bar/dot display turns on the lights (leds) (increase..) when the temperature goes higher....How can i use the lm3914 to make it? is there any other component that can help me?

i hope you've understood my question.. i'm not well exercised in english...

thanks... Sylvio

sirvo

Joined Jan 13, 2006
ok, but the datasheet do not solve my problem... it does not matter for me the range of my signal.. i would like the leds to start lighting when the signal starts to decrease (but not for negative ddp).... can anyone help me?

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by sirvo@Jan 18 2006, 03:08 PM
ok, but the datasheet do not solve my problem... it does not matter for me the range of my signal.. i would like the leds to start lighting when the signal starts to decrease (but not for negative ddp).... can anyone help me?
[post=13213]Quoted post[/post]​
Inserting an inverting amplifier with an appropriate offset would satisfy your requirement. You could also adjust the gain and the offset to match your signal and indicator ranges.

sirvo

Joined Jan 13, 2006
hey, thanks for helping......but, i'll change my question....

is there the possibility to change the "body" of the bar mode? i mean, instead of lighting from the beggining led till the top led (larger voltage), lighting from the back to the top led, can you get it?

i hope you help me, thanks a lot.