LM358 offset adjust

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by kahafeez, Dec 9, 2008.

1. kahafeez

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    hi. i need to knw how to set the offdset thing of an LM358 http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/L/M/3/5/LM358.shtml. plz edit the given diagram or make another one bcz i posted the same question n ppl told to do some summing config which i couldnt understand. so plz make a diagram. m kind of a newbie and i've just worked with a 741 before. plz draw a diagram.

and another question is that in the Fairchild datasheet the table say that the supply should be +-6V and right on the next page the table says that the Vcc is set to 5V. y r these values different?
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. leftyretro

Nov 25, 2008
    Some op amp chips do have on chip pins to apply offset adjustments, but most don't and if you desire to be able to adjust offset it has to be applied to an input pin of the op amp. Here is a application document that shows methods to apply offset adjustments to various op-amp configurations:

Your spec sheet shows that DC power voltages can be up to +/- 16 volts for bipolar supplies or 32 volts for a single polarity supply, maximum. The 5 volts used in the other specifications is just showing the various op amp operating specifications at 5 volts. Those specifications may differ slightly at different supply voltages. You are free to use supply voltages up to the rated maximum.