Lm324

Kingsparks

Joined May 17, 2011
Hi.

I don't really understand your question. What exactly do you mean by "Amplify a 60Hz to 150Hz?" Change 60Hz to 150Hz, amplify between that range? Amplify a sensor pickup?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Yeah just about any ole op amp will amplify a signal limited to 150 Hz.

Is there a reason to limit yourself to an IC about as old as dirt itself?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
ErnieM,
Thanks for the comment on the IC. That used to be Audioguru's job. I really miss his blunt methods of communication. "Old as dirt" is good but I liked the way audioguru used the word "lousy". Keep up the good work! Maybe with more people that comment a bit abrasively like AudioGuru, we could invite Audioguru back and he would blend in better (his farewell note said the moderators were about cut him off because of his style). I started reading this forum because his comments were just classic example of direct engineer communication (direct in all aspects and exactly right - unless the OP was unclear in the first place). I really miss him.

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
ErnieM,
Thanks for the comment on the IC. That used to be Audioguru's job. I really miss his blunt methods of communication. "Old as dirt" is good but I liked the way audioguru used the word "lousy". Keep up the good work! Maybe with more people that comment a bit abrasively like AudioGuru, we could invite Audioguru back and he would blend in better. I started reading this forum because his comments were just classic example of direct engineer communication. I really miss him.
I miss AG too. I always found his posts entertaining and more importantly, educational. Too bad.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I miss AG, too, but I also suffer from the frustration he felt, so I can understand his decision. I regularly feel pinched between beginners that can't read most of a datasheet and the pedants that feel the beginners must be made to understand the nanoamps into the input pins of an opamp before they can design an inverting amplifier with a gain of 5.

AG covered audio information that I knew 30 years ago and now, I have to look it up because I haven't used it for 30 years and we don't have that resource anymore.