LM324 Tester circuit

drdan1234

Joined Nov 7, 2010
hello all;

i am looking for a a testing circuit which can test LM324 IC

if any one have one please post the schematics .

thanks in adv.

sincerely
dr.dan

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Why do you need to test them?

Is this homework?

Simplest test is to wire them as an oscillator, an oscillator requires gain so this should show if the op-amp is working.

miloman

Joined Nov 19, 2010
cause were learning,,and sometimes OUR stuff has problems and when all other componets ck out short of a cold solder joint unseen or something the eye dosent see, the nose dosent smell the fingers are not burned,,,,um it might be the circuit of the ever so hidden microscopic IC

miloman

Joined Nov 19, 2010
I my self have been through 4 circuits using the LM324,,and had NO success on any of them, but still re-working re building the same circuit,,sometimes I miss read my resistors fix um ,,,no improvement,,then replace cap's ,,,no improvement,, then eventually START all over with all new board and parts. the only IC's I have had any success with in using so far over two years were the 555's, Lm3914, TL594 ,556 and at times some of those didn't work and it was just a matter of replacing them to find out it was nothing on my part short of maybe stray static messing um up,, but these LM324's ya don't find at Radio Shack and shipping eats a guy up

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Uhhh, Radio Shack carries this part.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062592

Bit over priced though.

http://www.bgmicro.com/search.aspx?find=LM324

More like what I would expect to pay.

I liked the oscillator idea, but to really test them you would need to run several tests. The oscillator (driving two LEDs) would provide a simple go/no go test though. The oscillator X4 that is.
Would it be possible to post the schematic? Op Amps hardly ever go bad.
I just had one that went bad in my scope. :)

Yes I was shocked at what Radio shack wanted for one but I am sure glad they had it, since I did not have one on hand.

Most of their parts are way over priced and they don't carry much anymore.

HGMJR pointed me to this circuit to test. It worked great for me and helped me troublehsoot my problem opamp.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I just had one that went bad in my scope.
475s are scopes from the 1970s. And Tek power supplies are always a bit fragile.

One op amp in 40 years isn't too bad for lifetime. They hardly ever fail (with the caveat 'in a good design').