LM324 1Hz Sine Wave

Sramir27

Joined Jan 29, 2015
Im having difficulty finding a suitable circuit for my project. I want to (cheaply) create a 1Hz sine wave. I want to power it via 9v battery. I need this for a water activated stimulus. Two electrodes, placed in salt water, completes the circuit and is at a 1Hz freq. I have a few lm324's laying around and thought i could use them. Im just having trouble finding a perfect circuit for this, and I'm interested in any suggestions. Thank you.

Sramir27

Joined Jan 29, 2015
It would be much easier, i agree. The species I'm stimulating though has a peak sensing ability at 1 Hz. And the waveform should be sinusoidal because it resembles the prey species I'm attempting to mimic. :(

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I like the Bubba oscillator because of it's low distortion and relative insensitivity to individual component tolerances (the frequency is close to the average value of the 4 RC values).

Sramir27

Joined Jan 29, 2015
It's a ventilatory activity signal that sharks seek out. 0.5-2Hz
The literature suggests a sine wave produces the best result for stimulus.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It's a ventilatory activity signal that sharks seek out. 0.5-2Hz
The literature suggests a sine wave produces the best result for stimulus.
So, does just an electromagnetic emission/broadcast attract them or do you need some kind of physical compression of the water in a sinus mode.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Sharks have electrical sensors. Ampullae of Lorenzini...if I spelled it correctly.
Gel filled pores connected directly to a nerve, each.

Water movement is suspected to be irrelevant to those sensors.

Sramir27

Joined Jan 29, 2015
That is true. Most fish movements are muscular and therefore use action potentials to stimulate said muscle to produce motion. These action potentials are picked up by animals that have an electroreception sense. :)
Thank you for the assistance with the circuit guys.