LM2917 and XBand Motion Sensor help

JerseyTechGuy

Joined Feb 11, 2012
I am working on a project where I am reading High/Low changes from an XBand Motion sensor from Parallax (32213). While the software solution works fine it is a resource problem as I have other sensors to read from the Micro Processor in it's scanning loop. Someone recommended looking at using an LM2917 FtoV converter so I can simply read the voltage on an analog input to the MP (I think the max is 3.3v).

Does anyone have experience with the LM2917 that can suggest a circuit to use for this? I can handle the software end, my hardware skills are a bit rusty.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The LM2917 is a pretty simple circuit. Used it once, a very long time ago and the chip did its job without any problems. Have a look at the example circuit in the upper-left hand corner of the document at the URL below. All you would need to do is scale the parts for your particular desired frequency range.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/prauh

Last edited:

JerseyTechGuy

Joined Feb 11, 2012
I'll probably have to write some software to figure out the frequency range when motion is detected. Not sure of the range. Thanks for the link!