little bit more help needed

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
That 22uH is not critical and the inductor in your link should be OK. J15 is your common ground. I would imagine that whatever is being connected to the Fets would use this as its ground return.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
J15 is your common ground.
CDDrive, there are two J15s

Markosillypig,

The header J15 1-10 is your Vcc + according to tbe board top, going to one side of the load and the other side of the load is going to your POWERMOS, the BUK 453-100, via J5 through J14 ... The other J15 is a common (ground) test point.
Which J15 were you referring to?

J3 is the reset to your CD 4017.

Do you know what this circuit is doing?

Last edited:

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
right i have finished the assembly first of all witch is the vcc+ i may have got it wrong
then there are 2 sets of ten pins set A and B what is the configaration between them and the fets

photo of circuit board attached

ps i hope to power leds in a chaser fassion

Attachments

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Ok, the 10 headers titled J4-1 throught J4-10 are so you can jumper that to the RESET IN, J3. This gives you the opportunity to reset the counter at anytime other than 10.

You do not have any single header pins on your FETs, they are labeled J5 through J14 on your schematic and board. Those "source pins" are where the other side of the load is connected to the FETs.

Your unknown is J15 ... the one on the schematic that is ground.

You appear to have the red and black wires reversed in your done photo.

You need to add single header pins for J3, J15 (ground), and J5 through J14, the source pins of the MOSFETS.

Last edited: