Links not working

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
Not sure if someone has reported this already, but I'm having problems with the links inside the text on the online ebook. The previous and below links to figures in the same page work fine, but most other linking to other pages in the ebook don't work -I just get a blank page-.

I noticed there is a slight difference in the format between the address of the pages and the address of the links; for example: on page Biasing calculations the first link address is http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_4/SEMI_9.html#TRone, while the actual pages of the ebook aren't named "SEMI_9.html", just "9.html"... etc.

I tried taking off the "SEMI_", and access the same address with just the "9.html#TRone"; and while I can access the page "9.html", the anchors (e.g. "#TRone") don't work.

Other examples from the same page are:
“Crystal radio with one transistor . . . ” crystal radio, Ch 9 in the second paragraph,
and “Class A cascode amplifier . . . ” cascode, Ch 9 at the end.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This is indeed a flaw, but you also have to remember that the book is designed to be on paper. This means an administrator, not the editor is going to have to fix it (I suspect). It will be discussed among the moderators, but we can only point it out, much as you have done.

adam555

Joined Aug 17, 2013
It looks as if the structure of the ebook pages was modified at some point, but the links inside the texts were left pointing towards the old structure.

Also noticed that there is a missmatch between the pages pointed to; for example: the “Class A cascode amplifier . . . ” cascode, Ch 9 points to the old page "9.html", but now the Cascode Amplifier is on page "8.html". I wasn't able to find the “Crystal radio with one transistor . . . ” crystal radio, Ch 9 anywhere.

I hope this is of some help. I experienced this problem at least along the whole volume III; though once I realized the links were not working I stopped checking them.