Line of flux

Discussion in 'Physics' started by med1939, Mar 2, 2013.

1. med1939

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Lines of flux describe magnetism.
    What is a line of flux made of?
    Quarks, strings, photons....?
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Lines of flux are as much a mathematics concept as anything, they are what we use to describe the forces created by magnets. It is a good question, but remember something, photons are electromagnetic in nature, half of each in coherence with each other. People still argue (and mathematically model) as both a particle and a wave.

I can use the descriptions other people have worked out over the years to good effect, but I suspect the exact nature is still open to interpretation. Dern if I know, in other words.
  3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
  4. SplitInfinity

Mar 3, 2013
    A Photons related state to E.M. is all in good but we do know that a Photon is a Quantum Particle/Wave Form that would seem to looking at various experiments such as the Double Slit Experiment...a Particle/Wave Form capable of more than one function.
    Such is also the reality of the Electron...from .which a Photon owes it's existence.
    It would seem that such Quantum Particle/Wave Forms and Quantum Mechanics itself can only be described using a much larger model...a Multiversal System. Using such a system to explain Quantum Mechanics would provide many possibilities that do not currently exist in a described 10 or 11 dimensional state Universal System.
    Split Infinity