line folower robots

hiyan

Joined Sep 23, 2005
i wnatto know what's teh purpose and advantages of line folower robots and can we use in industry?

kindly answer
Thanks

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
purpose: Follow and line... to make you feel good by accomplishing it.
Advantages: Not extremely hard, yet makes you work at electronics. Others won't have them.
Industry use: For more poeple to make um.

There is probably a use for them somewhere, like in a factory line or something, but those are more complex, costly, not worth it.

-fire

hiyan

Joined Sep 23, 2005
Originally posted by Firestorm@Dec 21 2005, 07:05 PM
purpose: Follow and line... to make you feel good by accomplishing it.
Advantages: Not extremely hard, yet makes you work at electronics. Others won't have them.
Industry use: For more poeple to make um.

There is probably a use for them somewhere, like in a factory line or something, but those are more complex, costly, not worth it.

-fire
[post=12609]Quoted post[/post]​

?

hiyan

Joined Sep 23, 2005
Originally posted by Firestorm@Dec 22 2005, 09:41 PM
??
What exactly is your question? Need a lil' more clarification to give a more precise answer. :).

-fire
[post=12633]Quoted post[/post]​

what exactly teh industrail application of line folower robot?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

About the only industrial function for a line follower robot would be for parts delivery. I think some old mail delivery robots followed tape or painted lines to get to the delivery area. Something like that could take parts to assembly stations, although one imagines more effective means could be found.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
The only industrial 'line follower' I've seen was one I repaired about 20 years ago.

It carried an oxy-acetylene cutting torch and was used for cutting curved profile shapes in steel plate.

The operator just chalked a line on the steel blank using a plywood template & set the robot on one end of it, then it would follow the line & cut the shape.
It stopped if it lost the line or the sensors ran over the edge of the plate.

Most likely nowadays the job would be done with a CNC laser or plasma cutter, but they could still be in use as they are relatively small, portable & no doubt cheap by comparison.