Line follower with hard stops + ARDUINO+ULTRASSONIC+INFRARED

Kaleb Lucas

Joined Jan 5, 2015
Hey guys, sorry for my horrible english. I'm from Brazil, and I'm doing a school project (Line follower with Arduino). Ok, looks like easy, and I did the most part, BUT, I have a big problem.
My teacher wants that my "AGV" make some programmable stops. Exemple:

If someone press the 'button 5', my robot needs to go at the point number 5 ( in this case, classroom number 5). If someone in the room 5 press the 'button 3', my robot needs to go at the classroom number 3.
Got it?
I've lost myself trying this. Can someone help me?

PROGRAMATION IN 'C'

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
How are the hard stops indicated? Is there something to sense at the stops? How will you know you are there?

Or are those questions for you to discover?

(And what is "AGV"?)

Kaleb Lucas

Joined Jan 5, 2015
AGV means Automatic Guided Vehicle.
Well, I'm using Ultrassonic Sensor to identificate objects in the line, and Infrared sensors to "follow the line"
Im sending a picture of the track, hope's that you understand.
However, I dont know what options I have to identificate the classes... Any ideas?

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
There's probably lots of ways to detect the rooms, anything that indicates a place over a short range, and does it inexpensively.

One idea off the top of my head is another IR or visible source, a narrow beam projected across the hall so the AGV only sees it when next to it (and it is on the right or left side). Each room puts out a code number to ID itself.