Line follower using atmega 16

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by karevaradharaj, Mar 9, 2009.

1. karevaradharaj

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Can anyone provide me with the circuit and the C program for Line follower robot? I am using atmega 16.
  2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    This is a very general question. The design depends on the number of motors, what movements they need to make and their power requirements, the number of sensors etc.
  3. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Take a look at this project and see if it has all of the features you are looking for.

4. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Best place to start is to make a chassis with a breadboard for the uC and motor controller, motors, batteries, etc.

Program it to go forward in a straight line until it bumps into something.

Add on obstacle sensor switches, even line following robots should be smart enough to not follow a line that goes straight into a wall.

Take it for a spin during each change in the code and the program pretty much "Writes itself", except you still need to type it in.

Starting with a working program somebody else wrote can be frustrating/depressing experience. Things like motors not being the same speed at full power, wheel diameter, size of unit, etc all end up being tuned in the code during development.

Trying to change all those factors at once to match what your build /changes / tweaks ended up being isn't a hobby or fun... it's masochistic!

Just the same, here is another link that takes you through "step wise", it uses a PIC, but it is also written in Basic, so the actual processor doesn't matter, they are all very speedy with similar features.
  5. nirmal_rockin

Aug 7, 2009
    hi hgmjr have u checked for the source code.? does it work i tried compiling the has two warnings... and i don get any output from the microcontroller... and i also doubt whether th motor driver circuit would work.... ur opinions pls????