Lincoln Mark VIII trunk light

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by norton, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norton

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    i have a lincoln mark VIII which uses a neon like with a ballast box to control the running/park lights and brake light system. i have a few questions on using an led system to replace the neon bulb

1. i saw led neon flex tubing, would i be able to use that ( i ask because i dont want spot lights i want to have it glow like a normal neon lite would)

2 if not would the red reflector that the neon sits behind disperse the bulb light so it looks as one sold glow ( i was only planing on use about 4 or 5 across the trunk lid(its about 1.5 2 ft +/-))

3. using the 10.92 resistor i had read about to keep a constant load on the leds weather your parked or driving how do i set it up to meet the brightness for both park/running and brake mode.

ill try to find out wat the current usage of the neon bulb was for brake and running/park so an answer would be easier to give. thanks for the help

2. norton

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    well i guess if 63 people view and no one could answer i guess ill just have to stick to being a mechanic or call me computer wizz brother sry to bother all of you

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Forum rules prohibit helping modify automotive lighting.

4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Non-standard lighting systems for cars are a no-no on this forum. The members didn't answer for that reason. This group has rules that are followed.

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    That is the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.