Limiting Current from 6A to 3A

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismightsmile

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Hello, i have this project that i can't properly do.

I have a sealed-led acid battery that allows 3A for it to charge. My battery charger is 12V, 6A only.

How can i limit the battery charger's current to 3A without diminishing it's voltage. Is it possible?

I need to make a current limiter circuit.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hello, i have this project that i can't properly do.

I have a sealed-led acid battery that allows 3A for it to charge. My battery charger is 12V, 6A only.

How can i limit the battery charger's current to 3A without diminishing it's voltage. Is it possible?

I need to make a current limiter circuit.
You have the exact same question here http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=89408 But in that thread it is a lithium-ion battery with the same specification. :confused:
I also think you have misunderstood something. If the battery charger is labeled 6A so will that be the maximum current. Then you connect your battery it will most probably draw less than 6A even if it is drained. Which may not be a good idea with that kind of cell. Charging led-acid batteries is much more simple than lithium-ion batteries. So please clear up this. Are you 100% sure we are dealing with a lead-acid type cell now

Status
Not open for further replies.