Lilnhai 260cc Scooter rectifier regulator

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Colin Ashwell, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Colin Ashwell

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Can anyone help me with an internal schematic of the above shunt type rectifier/regulator? The input is 3 phase and is regulated to max 14 volts.

it has 3 input wires for the AC and two DC wires (+ -) on the output.

If not, then a similar home brew circuit that I can make up myself. I have measured the output at max load and its around 11 to 12 amps.

However the unit in question is faulty with an intermittent problem in that it simply stops working when idling with all lights on. Then I have to turn all the lights off and rev the motor like heck to get it to start charging again.

I have checked all connections and wiring for bad joints etc. plus checked the stator coils for continuity.

Thanks,

Colin.

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    can you show me the regulator

3. Jaguarjoe

Apr 7, 2010
    Buy a small rectifier/regulator from a Honda motorcycle on eBay. It will probably have one extra wire for a voltage sense which you can tie to your battery.

Colin Ashwell likes this.
  4. Colin Ashwell

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    I managed to find one as above for a Honda 400 which worked fine after I wired the extra wire to the key switch, all ok now

5. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    that was fast..