Lighting project powered by 12v battery

Minne

Joined Jan 13, 2013
Hey everyone,
I'm building a permanent ice house to put on a lake near my home and I want to wire up 2 lights that hook up to a deep cycle marine battery. I know that it creates a 12V circuit and that these 120V flood lamps aren't working. Obviously, from what you can tell, I don't know very much about circuits. How do I safely make this work? Cheapest and easiest method? Thanks guys

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Hey everyone,
I'm building a permanent ice house to put on a lake near my home and I want to wire up 2 lights that hook up to a deep cycle marine battery. I know that it creates a 12V circuit and that these 120V flood lamps aren't working. Obviously, from what you can tell, I don't know very much about circuits. How do I safely make this work? Cheapest and easiest method? Thanks guys
You can go to an RV dealer and buy 12V bulbs with bases that fit standard bulb sockets, or you can buy 12V LED strings, or you can build your own. LED's are the best choice for long life and for minimal battery drain. What you use depends on the balance you choose between cost and convenience.