light to motion detector

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Thats right.

Here are some nice bright white 5mm leds 5000mcd for $1us each (nice and bright with decent coverage)
http://ledsupply.com/l1-1-w5th50-1.php

Wire it all up in a protective housing and your good to go.

I would use these leds it sets of 3. You can start with 3 and if you need more light we will parallel it over to 3 more.

How high up are these going to be placed? Is it more than 8 ft?

Connect

Joined Feb 24, 2010
Ok ....

in answer to your question, once placed in the housing, i intend on affixing it (somehow - bolts/ adhesive tape or something) to the upper portion of my door near the upper window panel positioned diagonally down so that movement can be monitored (i.e sensor facing down to in front of door). This height would be about 8 feet to ground but like 3 or so feet to door knob and lock.

One additional query which im a little confused about....

- i have that sensor kit previously sent to you completely built, i have appropriate housing to fit both it and lights, i'll drill and cut out some parts to reveal the sensor and the lights, connect the power socket to kit and run it to my power point inside - IF this is all correct....

the one thing i am confused about is since you sent me a link to individual LEDs, am i inserting them on a spearate PCB and connecting them to the relay of the motion sensor? Am i soldering the leads of the LEDs together and then connecting a wire to the relay? Can i get an already constructed LED globe and connect wires directly from the globe to the relay?

It is the light connection that i am confused about and how the one power supply powers both? Is it because the lkight is connected to the motion circuit it only needs one power supply?

Thanks