Light sensitive PCB..

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Dr.killjoy, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Do light sensitive PCB every go bad and does any devolper work or is company specific??????

Thanks
    Jason Sr

2. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    Some of the Photo-resist coated pcbs that I have used came in black plastic wrapping that had an expiration date so I'd say that yes they do degrade after some time. Now if the degradation is significant I cannot say...

It shouldn't be company specific. You should read what developer is best for the specific PCB that you are getting . I usually use the same stuff for everything without even looking ^^ and it works fine .

3. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Well I picked 10 3"x6" kepro boards for $7.50 for them all..

4. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    Do they have some sort of documentation?

5. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    I usually buy this sort .
    The blue is a film that you peel off before exposing your board. This allows for pre-cutting of the board to size before you expose it so you don't have to waste board area , developer and etcher .
    Similar boards come in opaque black plastic wrappings (basically a black wrapping , and a naked pcb under that ready to be exposed) . I Do not buy those due to reasons mentioned above. They are just impractical for me.

6. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Here is what I am getting and also I figured if the boards where bad then I would clean the photo resist off and etch them like normal ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    there used to be some spray sensitiser for boards, both positive and negetive versions were available, from kepro i think.\
    cliff

8. Brian Richardson

Oct 21, 2014
    I bought 1kg Sodium Metasilicate last week i used to use the pre made liquid from ebay, are there any methods that dont need a developer such as sodium metasilicate

9. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks but this tread is old and I decided to just wipe sensitive coating off and etch the boards with thermal transfer than wasting time and pcb..