Light Meter Circuit Help

heberjm8

Joined Oct 7, 2010
Hello. I’m hoping I can get some help at this forum with the design of a circuit. I’m designing an ambient light sensor with a digital display showing the amount of lux detected. I’ve done research on the internet for possible circuit help but with no luck. If someone would respond with thoughts or possible circuit ideas I would GREATLY appreciate it. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is this for photography work, measuring intensity of a source, or other?

What wavelength should the light sensor have peak sensitivity?

Do you have any experience with microcontrollers? That would be the easiest route for this project, allowing calibration of measurement in lux, or compute f-stop/shutter time, etc., as well as display same on an LCD.

heberjm8

Joined Oct 7, 2010
1.) Is this for photography work, measuring intensity of a source, or other?

This is just suppose to be a basic digital display lux meter. It is a school project.

2.) What wavelength should the light sensor have peak sensitivity?

I'm not exactly sure. 20k, 50k, or 100k Lux maximum for the meter. I noticed thats what a lot of meters are maxed out at.

3.) Do you have any experience with microcontrollers? That would be the easiest route for this project, allowing calibration of measurement in lux, or compute f-stop/shutter time, etc., as well as display same on an LCD.

I do not have a lot of experience with microcontrollers. I am able to use a PIC chip for this project. I'm just trying to get the project started.

THANKS!