Light fearing robot

Loki4000

Joined Sep 29, 2011
Hi everyone.
I just started making my own projects and was planning to make light fearing robot that turn when hitting a wall, I made following schematics. since I have limited supply of components I was wondering is this schematic any good before try soldering.

P.S. After post I made some changes new schematic look like this:

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Dude..u r schematic rocks.

Seriously though, u need to draw in a way tht it makes sense at the first glance.
Us members have very limited time to help. We cannot utilize the time to redraw schema's and tell u what's wrong.

So please first learn to use a software like Eagle and then come back.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
By the way, where did u heard of those control components and them symbols?
Do you actually know any thing about electronic components ?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
All of the XOR gate outputs are shorted together, and tied to the battery negative terminal. This will do nothing but emit smoke, which is not a good thing.

I am not certain what you are trying to say by "Pressure controlled resistor", nor by "Light controlled resistor".

You appear to be trying to control motors directly from the output of logic ICs (which must be 4000 series as your only source of power is 12v.) 4000 series logic will not have adequate current sinking/sourcing ability to drive any motor that requires more than a few milliamperes of current.

Loki4000

Joined Sep 29, 2011
I only recently start using DipTrace, I don't understand how to make new components so I used the ones that DipTrace have already (since the idea is to drill holes in PCB I figure any close enough component to one that I really going to use is good enough, )
I learned about components on my own so I am unsure whether my knowledge is sufficient, I was so sure of it before your question :) , the idea is to make resistances control electricity flow to motor, diodes to make sure electricity flows in right direction and xor gate as switch that stop electricity flow from light sensitive resistor and allow electricity flow from pressure sensitive resistor to run motor backwards. Did I go wrong somewhere?

Loki4000

Joined Sep 29, 2011
Last edited: