Light-emitting diode

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Lightfire, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Lightfire

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Hello,

I am planning or was planning to make a simple light for my room that can be lighted by a 12 volt battery. I will use it for electric outages purposes or maybe for regular daily use.

But I have some problem. Light-emitting diode tube is so expensive. It costs $20+ and I can't afford it.

But 1 piece of light-emitting diode is cheap so I think I'm gonna use it instead.

But what items should I need? The board? How many light-emitting diode do I need?

I don't want to use a circuit board as I don't know how to use or work with it so I will just stick with a parallel circuit.

Thank you a lot.√

2. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    I mean in my thread is I will make my own LED tube or so...

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You've been told not to put the LEDs in parallel. It will work, but there are good reasons not to do it. Care to show the schematic you will use?

If you want to know about LEDs, read Chapters 1 and the first half of chapter 2 of LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers.

4. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    One AAC member converted his illuminated diarama from a 12V, 1A bulb to a 9 LED light. LEDs in series parallel, 3 strings of 3 bright white LEDs in series with 27Ω. LEDs are arranged in a circle around a 1 1/2 in dia. half plastic wheel. Power is 2 6V batteries in series for 12V.

5. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    But I could not connect it in series series because the LED was rated 12 v each.

6. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    An LED has a low voltage. Maybe your LEDs have a series current-limiting resistor with them so they can operate from 12V in a car.

7. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    i think so because my leds have a something something. :D :D :)

can you help me with my fuse??? pls...

8. jaclement

Apr 15, 2009
    Check out this product # at JAMECO : 2113041 This modual will take anywhere between 8 and 30 volts and take whatever current it needs for constant power. You can parallel as many as 30 devices. (you cannot put them in serries)