light and small 9V battery for project

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
I am looking for a battery that has either 9V or a voltage that I can connect in series to make 9V. My load will draw about 150mA, but I would like to be on the safe side and have the battery discharge current be at least 200mA.

Here is the tricky part. This battery will go on a medium RC helicopter to power electronic sensors for a robot I'm making.

I am guessing on this and will know more details after the helicopter actually arrives and I do some weight tests, but the weight of the battery (or batteries in series) should be about 20 grams at the most.

I don't care if its a primary cell or secondary cell as long as its not ridiculously expensive.

Does such a battery exist?

Thank you
-Gene

SPQR

Joined Nov 4, 2011
Check out allaboutbatteries.com and you'll see that a single alkaline AA battery weighs 24 grams.
An alkaline long life AAA has 1120 mA hours.
www.powerstream.com gives the weights of a huge number of batteries.
www.batterycountry.com gives hearing aid battery weights, and their low mAh.

You may have to readjust your criteria.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Go to you local hobby store that sells parts for R/C airplanes. The Lithium-polymer batteries allow sizes that are amazingly small vs. 10 - 15 years ago.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The Li-Po 7.4V (8.4V when fully charged) 180mAh battery for my RC electric model airplanes weighs 11 grams. A 200mAh battery weighs 13 grams.

3.7V (4.2V when fully charged) 150mAh Li-Po cells weigh 4.15 grams each. Add the weight of connectors.