LHC at full energy

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I can't wait. Last year they say they found the long lost higgs particle.

And they say that this particle and field is responsible for mass.

They say that this discovery proves their theories.

They say that they have verified the existence of over 100 particles now,
and each has it's own field.

How many more particles and fields will they verify this year? And the next
year?

Mass is a resonant angular momentum of charge. That's all it is.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
why didn't you tell the poor confused scientists that sooner? They could have saved billions of Euros in building that useless atom smasher....
So now we have that figured out, guess those physicists can get a job as a barista at a local Starbucks

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Hello Fabien,

Welcome to the forum.

The reason I say this is because there is no evidence that the dimension of space or the rate of time changes.

Also I don't believe that a point can have properties other than location. And a point location never changes.

But we do have evidence that the particle changes. And if a particle changes........it must have structure.

That structure must accommodate charge, a magnetic moment, angular momentum or spin, inertial mass, emit radio waves and be stable. And on top of that it changes energy levels and mass while remaining stable. It must also show the physical cause of these properties.

This is quite a task because of the small size. Many believe it is impossible.

Can any of the cern products do that? Cern does not make or discover particles. It disintegrates particles and makes fragments. They are very short lived. Very short. They are useless.

I and others believe that a man named Ampere was on the right track with his current elements.

He believed that an electron was a very small current loop. He was very close.

Other scientist have carried on the experimental tradition and found that it wasn't a current loop, but a charge loop. And it wasn't quite a loop, it is a circular helix.

The number of turns on the helix is the mechanism for energy levels and mass changes.

In recent years, further experiments and with computer modeling, much more can be explained now.

I believe the true structure of an atom is known. It is not the standard model.

Also the true cause of gravity has been found. And with that a universal force law is now available. The reason this is possible is because there is only one physical entity in the universe.

Charge. Absolutely everything physical is charge.

It will take time. No one bothered to repeat Ampere's experiments for about 25 years.

I probably wont see it, but I have been very lucky. By the time I was your age, I already had several years of particle physics, but that was 45 years ago.

They had to continually patch the standard model then, like they continue today.

You can not patch or excuse a contradiction. Couldn't do it then and you can't do it now.

Even if I don't see the death of the standard model, I am satisfied it will come.

This model just works too damn well. Man is not capable of inventing such a model. Modern science proves that.

I don't know your background, but if you are interested in such things, PM me for some more info.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm, I would say the orbit of mercury kind of disputes your interpretation of space time. I didn't get any further than that before I gave up. Verbosity or opinion convinces no one.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
It disintegrates particles and makes fragments. They are very short lived. Very short. They are useless.
One could also say that atoms are smashed up molecules, or that protons, electrons, and neutrons are smashed up atoms. Quarks are smashed up protons/electrons/neutrons. Etc., etc., etc.

You miss the point. At higher energies, smaller constituent particles become detectable -- particles that were otherwise theorized but never observed.

This is the way you prove these kinds of theories.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
This is the way you prove these kinds of theories.
Exactly.
http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2015/06/lhc-experiments-back-business-record-energy
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) started delivering physics data today for the first time in 27 months. After an almost two year shutdown and several months re-commissioning, the LHC is now providing collisions to all of its experiments at the unprecedented energy of 13 TeV, almost double the collision energy of its first run. This marks the start of season 2 at the LHC, opening the way to new discoveries. The LHC will now run round the clock for the next three years.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
joey999,

When we try to determine the components of a molecule, we don't smash it or destroy it do we?

We don't smash molecules......we pull them apart either chemically(which is electric), or we pull it apart electrically.

The result of this is stable components(atoms). We can put these components back together and get the molecule.

We we pull atoms apart...we get stable particles. We can put these components back together and get atoms.

We can not pull a particle apart. It will not pull. That's a clue. We must smash it.

When we smash it, we don't get any components like we did with molecules and atoms.

And we can not put it back together.

We watch it dissolve very quickly. To me, that proves the particle is fundamental.

By the way joey999, would you please answer my post on windows 10 thread?

I need some room to try a new distribution.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
And we can not put it back together.

It looks like you have the real answer. I heard they ran out of sound FX for movies so the LHC was built to create more.
Sounds from the latest collisions.

New particle discovered.

Last edited: