LG with no Contrast no Brightness

burntfingers

Joined Jul 20, 2011
LG RT-29FB50VE

Blue raster with flyback when grid increase at the flyback transformer, picture very faint, sound fine.
No colour waves at microprocessor chip - pins 42 to 44.*
Supplies, fine.
No dry joints anywhere; components in the area all OK.

Unfortunately, no diagram to help me; and the client is a good one, who always pays with no complaint.
*Customer did not leave RC - I wonder if it's not at lowest levels...

Attachments

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Check the electro cap on the Video output transistors power feed, if dried out can cause this fault. Usualy on the board pluged on to picture tube neck.

burntfingers

Joined Jul 20, 2011
Check the electro cap on the Video output transistors power feed, if dried out can cause this fault. Usualy on the board pluged on to picture tube neck.
Thanks for tip, but actually I'm misleading you here, because in fact the fault is nothing on the screen, only sound, unless I increase the grid voltage at the line transformer.
Only so I can see the faint picture.
Pins 42, 43, 44 of m/processor chip with no colour signal at all, but about 5v present.

Could it be the chip?

I've checked all relevant caps.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Some of the Video chips are designed to kill the video OP when the tube gets too low in emmision, this feature has been around for sometime now.

burntfingers

Joined Jul 20, 2011
Some of the Video chips are designed to kill the video OP when the tube gets too low in emmision, this feature has been around for sometime now.
That's so, but this set is relatively new, and still has good raster - increasing the 2nd grid control at the lopt.
Nevertheless, I disordered pins 42, 43, 44 [RGB outputs] of IC, and still no signal is present - voltage about right.