LG TV spying on users

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Personally I think "1984" should be required reading, along with "Brave New World". You could rename "1984" to "2024" and it would still be pertinent.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
However, my god-father replied that, in short, in the past, oppressors would wage wars to get richer and expand their influence, which caused poverty, sadness and death. Today, the oppressor expands his influence via consumerism and moreover, isn't in his interest for the consumer base to die or be poor. He needs the consumers just wealthy enough to buy his goods, so in a sense, we are better off.

This put me in thoughts.
Your godfather is very astute. Today it is known as corporatocracy.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It's the new world order.

I found it very creepy that Google "backed up" all the hires photos from my SD card while using a 7" Android tablet- not only slowing down the tablet itself but also the wireless internet was slow as creep + it consumed some 400 megabytes without asking.

Google will store your search history anytime you are logged into youtube.

Luckily you can locate a webpage for that, entering google search history, and delete items one by one.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Today, the oppressor expands his influence via consumerism and moreover, isn't in his interest for the consumer base to die or be poor. He needs the consumers just wealthy enough to buy his goods, so in a sense, we are better off.

This put me in thoughts.
It should. I've never given a thought to it, in a logical respect.

The real thought is, when or will it no longer be prudent to invest in the prosperity of the consumer?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The US is presently in the agony of the rich impoverishing the poor so deeply that the system is starting to fail. The people that actually produce wealth have so little capital to work with that the whole country is on the edge of stalling. There is a vacant house on every block, even in the most stable of neighborhoods.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I found it very creepy that Google "backed up" all the hires photos from my SD card while using a 7" Android tablet- not only slowing down the tablet itself but also the wireless internet was slow as creep + it consumed some 400 megabytes without asking.
Is that an infringement of your copyright? Or have you consented to Terms and Conditions, or a Privacy Policy, which allow that?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Is that an infringement of your copyright? Or have you consented to Terms and Conditions, or a Privacy Policy, which allow that?
normally on a tablet i am not even supposed to maintain a file system, just use the built in photos facility. but android is just a blend of Linux, not something completely new created by google.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
normally on a tablet i am not even supposed to maintain a file system, just use the built in photos facility. but android is just a blend of Linux, not something completely new created by google.
I think Alec_T was referring to Google copying YOUR copyrighted photos to their cloud without permission.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I think Alec_T was referring to Google copying YOUR copyrighted photos to their cloud without permission.
What do you expect from Google? Backing up some photos in random order is really what you'd expect from them, of course without permission.

No there was no big disclaimer google would automatically transfer large amounts of copyrighted data.

Nothing like these effervescent long EULAs and TOS and End user agreements you have to sign each time for a new software or web service.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You simply must assume that anything you put on any internet connected device will have copies stolen, and it isn't just a "backup" to the cloud.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I was indeed querying whether Google had your permission to copy your photos.
Seems like all organisations are out to grab our personal info.
Privacy Policies? Laughable. At least they would be if it weren't for the fact that use of the Internet is severely crippled unless you agree to sign away your rights and privacy under these policies and EULAs.