LG Rumor Reflex

tr1ph4rd

Joined Dec 9, 2012
I recently dropped phone in the urinal and now the lock/power button does not work. My phone has just died and I'm wondering if there is any way to force start my phone? Maybe a secret or a trick?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Open up the phone as much as possible. Remove the battery etc.

Place the phone in a bucket of rice.

or

Warm it with a hair dryer. Be sure to not get it so hot, you melt any plastics.

tr1ph4rd

Joined Dec 9, 2012
Well I did forget to mention that I've been using it for a couple weeks with it like this. I dropped it in the urinal at a concert.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Well I did forget to mention that I've been using it for a couple weeks with it like this. I dropped it in the urinal at a concert.

Yikes! TMI! I think I would have left it there. Next time keep the phone in the pocket and take care of business. Unbelievable that people are so addicted to their phone that they use them while in the bathroom.

You can try the rice but it very well could be that you have salt or some such thing from those things that are floating around in a urinal. If that is the case the keyboard is toast.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
..What I do not understand that generally there is very little water in a urinal until it is flushed...
Did you miss the part where OP stated this was at a concert? Typically all sanitation devices get plugged within half an hour of the venue opening, and they stay that way till the next day.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I have seen lots of things in urinals but I have never seen a cell phone there.
It would be nice if it ringed when peed on.;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Might as well have a laugh on this one. Anything that has had urine salts in it for weeks is corroded like the mess on the terminals of a car battery.

ARSiq

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Now is too late. If phone is droped in any liquid, except clean alcohol it will be damaged by oxidation. Only good thing to doo, is disassemble the phone ASAP (find a video on youtube how to do it) and clean the board with alcohol. For best result is good to use ultrasonic cleaner.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Similar has happened to me, I am cheap and don't want to buy a new phone. So I removed the battery (to prevent frying the electronics), washed it off, and baked it in the oven for half a day using gentle heat (150°F, 65°C). Have I mentioned I'm not married?

Worked for the washing machine too. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.