LFO+Lamp time constant

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
strobe lamp flash-tube are rated at very high voltage and needs alot of current surge to make it flash

I'm trying to make a normal low voltage lamp less that +12 volts and under act like or simulate a strobe lamp flash-tube

But i don't know how to make my low voltage lamp be like a flash tube

Whats the difference between a low voltage lamp VS a flash tube?

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
Strobe circuit theory:

1.) the trigger pulse is 4 kV
2.) Discharge durations for common flashlamps are in the microsecond
3.) xenon flash lamp
4.) pulse transformer or 4KV Trigger Transformer
5.) The stoboscope tube needs about 250-400V DC to operate
6.) triac which can handle at least 1A and 400V
7.) 150 uF 400V flash capacitor
8.) The flash rate is variable from zero to about 10 Hz

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
Why does a strobe circuit use a Diac and triac?

Why does a strobe circuit need a trigger transformer?

Whats the difference between a Flashlamp VS a +9 volt Lamp? besides the voltage how are they lighting differences , what does a flashlamp do different?

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
connected to strobe light by firing a delay angle that cause a signal triggering

1.) What is this Delay angle? can you explain more please?

Diac's and Triac's they need an input of AC

2.) So Diacs and Triac can't run on DC input only AC?
But still why would i use a Diac or Triac for what?

3.) Whats the difference if i hook up a Flashlamp strobe up to a LDR light dependant resistor VS hooking up a +9 volt Lamp to a LDR light dependant resistor?

4.) What would the Flashlamp react or change different to the LDR? would it be the SAME as a LED or LAMP how it changes the LDR or would there be differences?

Caveman

Joined Apr 15, 2008
If you dig around on the internet a bit, you will find instructions on how to take a throwaway camera flash and make it into a repeating strobe light. Runs off of a single AA battery. Can't get better than that.

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
Ya i read about that

But it takes batterys but uses a step up transformer or voltage multiplier caps circuit/network to increase the voltage and current to 400volts

But the flashlamp is very small it would be prefect for LDR which i need

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Your statements contradict one another.

First you must decide what you actually want. Do you want a 1970's style strobe light, or do you want a lamp & LDR "photo-oscillator" project?

Once you have made a choice between these mutually exclusive options, we can begin to discuss details.

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
Do you want a 1970's style strobe light, or do you want a lamp & LDR "photo-oscillator" project?

NO i want to know the difference in lighting charactists about the difference between strobe light flashlamp+LDR VS lamp+ LDR VS LED+LDR??

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
I'm trying to prototype a Flashlamp with a LDR but i want to know the difference how it would affect or alter the LDR different than a LED or lamp would you know what i mean? what would be the difference if i used a flashlamp+LDR , what would i do so much different?