Lexmark Z25 printer

rhaindlhiz

Joined Sep 3, 2009
Hi! Everyone,
I have a Lexmark Z25 printer which is functioning well with Windows XP but it does not work with Windows 7. The Lexmark support team in Singapore said that this printer will not work with Windows 7. Does anyone has a solution so that this printer will work with Windows 7?
Thanks for your help.

Rhaindlhiz

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hi Rhaindlhiz,

Have you tried connecting the printer to your computer with a USB cord? Windows 7 is pretty good about detecting printers without additional drivers, even older ones. Microsoft seems to think it will work:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/co...ters & Scanners&sc=Ink-Jet Printers&os=32-bit

If you have tried connecting the printer to the computer using a USB cord and it doesn't work, what happens? Does Windows see it all or does it see it and not know what it is?

rhaindlhiz

Joined Sep 3, 2009
Hello elec mech,
This printer connects through the USB port of the computer. It works perfectly with Windows Xp. In Windows 7, nothing happens even if you click the print button. The manufacturer's advise is to buy a new printer. I was just hoping that a software patch is available to make this printer work with Windows 7.
Thanks a lot for your attention!

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hi rhaindlhiz,

First, right click on My Computer and select Properties. Click on the Hardware tab and open Device Manager. Do you see any exclamation symbols (!) next to anything (make sure your printer is connected and turned on before doing this).

If not, go to Control Panel -> Printers & Faxes. The select Add a Printer on the left side of the Printer & Faxes window. See if your printer shows up there.

rhaindlhiz

Joined Sep 3, 2009
Hi elec mech,
There is no exclamation mark on the device manager. My printer is appearing as the default printer. The application driver could not be used for this version of window. It's either to buy a compatible printer or to change from Windows 7 to Windows xp to make this printer works. I appreciate your concern.