Lending Books....

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Why is it I lend my nice maths book, and it comes back in a notable worse condition?

-_-

My books are all pristine... Kind of a refined OCD if you like.

Well, I guess that's the last time I lend a book. Whatever happened to returning something as you got it? Grrrr.

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Only ever lend stuff to people who have worse OCD than you have.

I only ever knew one such person, and he is now on medical retirement he got so bad :(

Everyone else trashes my stuff, (or fails to return it) ... so I no longer lend.

Sad really....

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I lent my favorite semiconductor physics book to someone years ago and can't bring myself to shell out $200 again for it. :(

...Be thankful that you've got it back at least... And don't lend to that person(anyone?) in the future.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I once got a book back from a friend. Some time after I took it out to look something up. Out of the book fell a very spicy picture of his wife. Nothing hidden to say it that way:eek:

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I start a thread on the noble subject of books, leave to go to a meeting, and before I return you guys turn it into this. :D:cool:

LOL.

AAC is the best. ;):p:D

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
My books are all raty and held together by duct tape. They are also full of notes in the margins. That's what happens when a book is actually used and not just put on a shelf.