Leeson #175291 motor controller Schematic Needed!

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by bytraper, Sep 12, 2011.

1. bytraper

Thread Starter Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    I have a couple of these in the shop that need repair and I can't find a schematic anywhere. I emailed Leeson but have had no response. They have no repair places here in Australia.

As far as I can tell by looking at them they are around 10 years old.

I've compared it with an earlier model of the same controller which I do have a schematic for, but there's not much in the way of similarity.

Can anyone help out?
  2. oidium45

Apr 24, 2010
    I would suggest contacting them by phone. I have had much success in doing so in the past. Just be polite and professional and you will find someone willing to help you out. Here is a link to their contact info. http://www.leeson.com/Contact/contactus.html
  3. chejian6

May 22, 2011
    What kind of motor is it?
  4. SgtWookie

Jul 17, 2007
    It's not a motor, it's a motor driver.

Here's the manual, but it does not include a detailed schematic:
    Here's the technical manual page:

This may or may not be similar to the "guts" of your unit:
    If it IS similar, I'm not terribly impressed with the design; as they are using 5 outputs from a single 40106 hex Schmitt trigger inverter as gate drivers for SIX IRFZ44 power MOSFETs.
  5. bytraper

Thread Starter Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Hi oidium45 and Sarge,

I did attempt to contact them again by email. But no reply at all, which is a real shame.

Sarge, its at least 10 years old, its a really early analogue design, but its really hard to follow without completely pulling it down and I really don't want to do that!

I had a look at the schematic of the one you posted, its not the same though.

I don't think its worth the time, but the customer wants them repaired.
    But Leeson isn't so good at returning emails though.