LEDs on music using Corsair link

DavyV97

Joined Jan 19, 2015
Hello, I am new here on this forum.
I like to build pc's and I have currently got one with a Corsair Link Lightning Kit: http://www.corsair.com/se-fi/corsair-link-lightning-node
It has a lot of features which for example let you choose the color using a program on your pc.
I just want to add another feature, I would like it to like dim when there is a hard sound.
You can compare it to the effect when you have a big subwoofer the lights dim a little bit every time it uses a lot of power.
I have seen a lot of schematics but they are always using a seperate power supply and such while this thing already delivers the power, it would probably be the easiest to have a resistant which gives more resistance when it gets more sound.
I dunno if this would be possible though, probably not because this would be to easy. ;P

I also want to be able to keep using the software to change the colours.
4 wires go to the LEDs, probably Red, Green, Blue and ground.
To keep using the software I would probably have to put 1 circuit on each wire (except ground).
But I'd also like to be able to turn that mode off using a switch on the front.
So instead of dimming with sound it just keeps on.
I would like to make it in a 5,25'' bay so those switches can be put on the front.
But then I would probably have to make one switch for each wire.
I have 3 groups and 4 can be made at the moment so that means I would need 3x4=12 switches.

I hope you still have got an idea of what I want.
I don't know if what I say could be made, is right or if it just nonsense, that's why I came here to get help from you guys, I hope you can help me. ;)

Btw, remember I don't really know much of circuits, I get some basic things about electrics at school but that's all probably.