Leds and Servos!

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by theswede73, May 20, 2010.

1. theswede73

Thread Starter New Member

May 20, 2010
    Hi!

I have some questions about how i should proceed in my quest with microcontrollers!
    I have
    Pic kit 2
    Arduino decimila & nano
    Mbed
    Make controller

What my passion really is, is Led's, so i need a way to get it small and easily programmed, is pic a good way to work with leds and doing circuits with leds?
    What i want to achive is small circuits with "Star Trek" behaviour, simple chasing leds in different patterns and brightness, think of the "tricorder", the newer ones, TNG and Voyager..

That is what i want to do, capture that feeling of led display in different modes.

"denha" in Youtube has EXACTLY what i want. small boards with programmed chips.

Just hints and suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks
    Anders / Sweden

2. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    There are many ways to do light chasers. You can use logic and counters, timers, and microcontrollers (uC)

The uC would give you the ability to change patterns and such without having to deal with a bunch of component changes. The arduino is a very easy way to go about doing LED stuff. It was basicially made for artists.

Read this:
    Bill_Marsden Blog: LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers