LEDs 60 meters up with salt water spray IDEAS?

revealed

Joined Apr 19, 2012
Hello there kinda new here

A customer has asked me to think of a way to get some led light at he top of a tower at the sea front and I'm a little stuck just wanted some fresh eyes and minds in on it

The spec that I have been given is....
1 have to be viewable from all angles and from the ground
2 have to be able to put up with salt water spray with very little or no work
3 are 60 meters up in the air

Any ideas, photos or plans are more than welcome

Just to give you an idea the units are to go on top of the white towers seen in link

http://www.transportxtra.com/files/10502-l.jpg

Thanks

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Put the LEDs and resistors, caps etc in a clear glass jar then fill it with water-clear epoxy with just the wire coming out.

Then turn the jar upside down and mount to the pole. You could also insert a metal (stainless steel?) tag intot he jar before you epoxy, so when finished the tag has mounting holes for stainless bolt(s) so you can mount in secure from storm winds etc.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
so you are building LED version of lighthouse beacon? if so I agree with the previous post. you can use coil of light rope (string leds in a PVC tube). wrap it around something that is smaller diameter than your jar, seal the ends of the tube with only wires coming out, then put the lid on jar and grease it or seal it with silicone... this will make it serviceable (if needed just remove silicone). btw, those poles look like 25m, not 60m (maybe 60ft)