LED with AND gate intput

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Dritech, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Dritech

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hi all,

I want to connector a limiter switch (NC) with an AND gate IC input. With the same input I also need to connect an LED to turn on when the limit switch is reached (open contacts).

How can I achieve this please?

I did the circuit attached but the input is going to float since there is both 5V from the LED and ground from the pull down resistor.

2. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    The attached circuit is a easy way, but it will spend more current , and it is according to the R1.

[​IMG]

3. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    When the NC limit switch opens do you want the AND gate input to go high or low?

4. Dritech

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks for the replies.

I want the input of the AND gate to go low when the NC limit switch is reached.

Is is ok to connect the LED as attached? Will the resistor act as a pull down resistor or will the input remain floating?

I worked on simulation, but sometimes I do not fully trust a simulator.

Edit: The link below is the schematic. Sorry I did not uploaded here because it is not loading.

http://we.tl/gfJRLDbbcB

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. Dritech

Sep 21, 2011
    Hi,

I was referring to the schematic in the link below (please press the download button for the schematic):

http://we.tl/gfJRLDbbcB

6. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    I just thought, is that your are wrong or mine, and think over maybe that is my fault, because I thought the NC in another way.

Please check the logic, is that suit for your need?

[​IMG]

Dritech likes this.
  7. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    You can post your schematic here. Click 'Go Advanced', then scroll down, then click 'Manage Attachments'.

Edit:
    How about this?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Dritech likes this.