LED Wavelength Chart

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by krishnan_hari83, Jun 29, 2012.

1. krishnan_hari83

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Dear Friends,

I have attached LED wavelength chart.

What does 4500K, 6500K, 8000K mean? They are given under nm?

2. Sensacell

Jun 19, 2012
    This refers to the "color temperature" of a white light source, given in degrees Kelvin.
    Google "color temperature" for more detail.

3. krishnan_hari83

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Yes this means Colour temperature. I found the attached sheet in the net.

But here it says 8000K means blue color. But 8000K in the LED color chart(attached in my previous post) means cool white.

Kindly help me.

Best Regards,
    H.Krishnan.

4. Sensacell

Jun 19, 2012
    The higher the color temperature, the more the peak wavelength is shifted towards blue.
    Think of an incandescent lamp on a dimmer, when you start out at a low setting, the light is red- you can see the filament is "red hot" - as you increase the power it turns more yellow, then white. If you overload a lamp with too high a voltage, the light looks blue-white, then it blows out and it's dark.

5. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Baloney!
    "White-hot" is pure white, it is not blue.
    I use compact fluorescent bulbs that are pure white, not warm orange and not cool blue. They are 3000 degrees. 3500 degrees is almost pure white.

6. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I think he was saying that past pure white it starts turning into blue-white. Maybe if you were able to apply 480V to your household CFL without immediately destroying it, it would glow blue-white.
    blue-white like a weld arc

Sensacell likes this.