LED Tube Driver Circuit - IC recommendation

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Pronay, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Pronay

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Hi, I am working on a LED tube driver circuit (6W). The basic blocks of the circuit consists of: AC input - Bridge rectifier - EMI filtering - Buck Converter - Controller IC for Buck - Output.
    Here I attached a schematic of the circuit as I am having trouble finding the controller IC, which is a 6 pin SMD, with a marking "BA 516". led tube driver 2 low resolution.jpg
    I am trying to find a proper specification for this IC (as I guessed the pin configuration) to understand its operation well. I think I have found an almost similar IC named EM8822A to replace BA516.
    Please do recommend some other buck driving IC similar to the configuration of BA516.
    Thanks in advance.

2. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    I'm not sure what this, seemingly over-complicated, circuit is for but without an isolation transformer it can't be discussed here.

3. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    • Try the- Microchip Hv9925 chip, also your drawing is showing the supplies shorted out at pin 2.

4. Pronay

Mar 19, 2016
    Yeah circuit kinda complicated at some point, I am still trying to figure out simpler modification with this circuit and its an non-isolated LED Tube lamp driver circuit.

5. Pronay

Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks for the suggestion, but as a matter of fact, I am looking for buck converter driver IC, while HV9925 is a whole LED driver package in itself with a smaller Iout.
    . . . and I guess the shorting at pin 2 was done for current sense resistor to be grounded (I maybe wrong, some connection in this circuit doesn't make much sense to me!).