led project

nitro22

Joined Jan 26, 2010
hi guys im wanting to do a lil project with led's but i can not find a cheap source for flashing leds....would anyone no of a few places.....thanks for the help guys

nitro22

Joined Jan 26, 2010
thats a circuit to make them blink correct ?? im just looking for blinking led's so i dont have to build a few circuits

or should i buy regular LED's and build the 555 timer for tons of LED's ?? witch do u think would be better ??

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

An 555 circuit will give you more freedom on how the leds are flashing.
(you can adjust the flash-rate and the flash-time).
Leds with biuld-in flash circuits will have different flash-rates that can not be controlled.

Greetings,
Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Still after the double flashing circuit?

If you're just learning to do this I highly recommend a protoboard, it is much easier than soldering.

What part of the world do you live in? This dictates where you can get parts.

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Mouser Electronics, www.mouser.com has blinking LED's in stock for less than $1 each. Go to the website in search for blinking LED.

I have used blinking LED's in series with standard LED's to blink strings of LED's. Most of the blinking LED's that I have used will work on a fairly wide range of voltages.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Yes, blinking leds do, in fact, blink. However, with the minute difference in forward voltages from led to led, you will have a heck of a time if you want 2 or more to blink at the same time or rate. Using a circuit will give you control over all of that. And for 10 cents or less for standard LEDs, and $1 for blinkers, it depends on the finished project.
Are you using more than 1 led in your design?