LED Matrix symbol for Eagle CAD

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by pedro147, Nov 3, 2013.

1. pedro147

Thread Starter Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Would anyone be able to please tell me where I might find an Eagle symbol for a 60 mm square common anode LED matrix display like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5mm-LED-...Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item1c2aae0b16

The only Eagle forums that I can find do not seem very active and also I realise that you can make your own but as this stage I am flat out trying to learn to use this CAD package as it is Thanks Pedro.

2. Danm1

Jul 19, 2010
    I was just planning to get into Eagle CAD, you say their forums are not very active?
    They never answered you?

Maybe the LED matrix is a bit uncommon.

3. pedro147

Thread Starter Member

Jan 1, 2013
    The two I found do not seem very active but maybe I am being impatient :) I am heavily involved in Arduino and these matrices are used a lot there but maybe people make there own symbols.

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    As with all layout software, you will come to a point where you must make a footprint/component. Might as well learn how to do that now... eventually, it very well may be faster than looking online for one...

5. pedro147

Thread Starter Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks I did get one on the Arduino forum but I think generally you are right. Thanks for the advice :)